Considered a superfood by many, avocados are packed full of nutrients and phytochemicals. Loaded with substantial amounts of levels of dietary fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamine, folate, vitamin B-6, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, choline, lutein/zeaxanthin, phytosterols, avocados provide a multitude of health benefits.
- Healthy Fats: avocados are primarily composed of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are often called “the good fats”
- These fats have been linked to lowering levels of bad (LDL) cholesterol in relation to avocado consumption
- Being composed primarily of fat helps with absorption of present nutrients; vitamins like vitamin A, E, and K are soluble, meaning they are more effectively utilized when consumed with fat
- Many nutrients do not absorb as well when consumed via supplements when compared to a food source like avocado
- Satiability: the combination of fats and dietary fiber present help keep you feeling full for longer
- The presence of fiber also helps lower or manage blood sugar and preventing some cancers.
- Soluble fiber has a reputation of feeding friendly gut bacteria in the intestine, which is vital to optimal body function.
- Antioxidants: high levels of vitamin C and E contribute to maintaining circulatory antioxidant protection
- Blood Sugar: low sugar content in avocados reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Potassium: substantial amounts of this vitamin contribute to managing or lowering blood pressure
- Skin and joint health: lutein and zeaxanthin are associated with decreased risk of cartilage deterioration and promoting skin health
- This deterioration contributes to osteoarthritis; a condition characterized by decline in function and impairment of joints.
- These vitamins may protect skin from UV damage and visible radiation
At Bona Fide, we make it not only easy, but delicious to include this superfood in your everyday diet. We offer 8 varieties of avocado toasts, one of the most popular ways to consume avocado. After topping our toast with freshly mashed avocado, varying combinations of spices and toppings give each of our toasts unique sets of flavors.
In addition to toast, avocado is featured in our Cran-Avocado and Summer Peach salads; serves as great add-in for our Sweet Potato Chili; and can maintain a creamy consistency in smoothies in replacement of bananas. With the multitude of health benefits, this is a superfood we’re excited to feature in so many products.