Can’t focus? Most of us can’t. We can help you keep your mind sharp with your diet!
Brain fog is frequently depicted as slow thinking, trouble focusing, lack of focus, or forgetfulness. If you live a brain fog-free life, you know what we are talking about.
MENTAL CLARITY is the best feeling in the world.
There are numerous reasons why one may experience brain fog.
Let’s take a look at some of the possible causes:
- Diet (#1!!!)
- Lack of sleep
- An upset gut microbiome
- Hormone Imbalances
- And so many more…
That’s only the tip of the iceberg. Brain fog is a symptom of an underlying issue, so it is important to investigate what the cause is. There are many different causes of brain fog we will not be addressing. (And some of this may not apply to you)
We can help explain the diet portion of brain fog:
This is the most important anti-brain fog remedy (in our opinion). Have you ever woke up feeling GREAT after a night of pizza, ice cream, and other treats? Most likely not. Obviously, we all have days where we eat, well, total garbage. But that is okay. If you have a very important meeting, exam, or you just want to feel good and be alert, it is best to eat foods that are going to FUEL your brain. A lot of the foods listed below will slow you down.
Stay away from: *Or to have in moderation.*
- MSG (So technically it’s not a food, but this ingredient can contribute to brain fog in a major way—by messing with your brain’s neurotransmitters.)
- Artificial Sweeteners (Aspartame is a big one)
- Peanuts (this one is surprising!)
- Fried Foods (You probably feel tired after your first bite of fried food)
What to incorporate into your diet to help you think clearly:
- Water, drink plenty of it. (by plenty, we mean A LOT)
- Fats: Eat healthy fats (wild salmon, avocado, eggs)
- Blueberries – are known to improve cognitive function. Believe it or not, some fruit may slow you down. Especially if you are fueling yourself for optimum mental clarity.
- Mushrooms: Incorporate organic mushrooms into your daily routine. If you already drink coffee/tea, you may as well add some wild chaga, reishi, or ashwagandha. These are the holy grail of assisting in mental clarity.
- Greens – Dark & Leafy
- Intermittent Fasting – Although this does not work for everyone, it is beneficial for some to stay sharp while working.
- Coffee: Drink coffee with minimal add-ins. (No syrups, no sugar, homemade or very clean nut-milk)
- Probiotics: Eating probiotic-rich foods are beneficial for your brain. Believe it or not, an unhealthy gut microbe can cause brain fog.
- Eat Whole Foods – Unprocessed, Unrefined
Fortunately, at Bona Fide, we offer a menu that supports a brain-fog-free lifestyle. We believe in fueling you, instead of slowing you down.
Most of our coffees contain brain-boosting mushrooms! Mushroom Mocha, Chaga Chino, Maca Cold Brew, and many more… All of these are crafted specifically to help your brain work to it’s fullest potential.